Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
+ Does GrosFichiers comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) ?
Grosfichiers complies with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (known as GDPR).
+ Why is GrosFichiers unique?
We stand out from our competitors for the following reasons:
- We have our own servers in Switzerland and France
- We do not automatically compress your files. The recipient is able to choose the correct compatibility (Iphone, Ipad, etc.)
- Our confidentiality rules are clear. We do not share any information
- We offer excellent and unlimited uploads and downloads
- Our emails fully meet international standards and have a very high rate of successful delivery
- Recoverable partial transfers (for example with your mobile in the event of network failure)
- A searchable record of downloads
- The possibility of requesting acknowledgement of receipt
- The possibility of extending the availability of files (up to 6 months)
- Creation of templates for your frequent mailings
- SSL and authenticated SwissSign encrypted transfers
+ At what speed can I expect to transfer my files?
This depends on your Internet connection.
The following rates are standard for an average connection:
- Upload transfer rates for senders: 1 Mbps = 300 MB per hour (5 MB per minute)
- Download rates for recipients: 10 Mbps = 3 GB per hours (50 MB per minute)
Upload rates are often incorrectly indicated and are usually much slower than download rates (which are emphasised in advertisements)
To test your connection go to www.speedtest.net
+ I can’t download a file: 404 Page not found
Files are stored and available for 14 days after which they are automatically and permanently deleted from our servers.
After deletion, you shall request the sender to proceed again.
+ I want to retrieve an expired file
Files are automatically and permanently deleted after the 14 days holding period mentioned on every page of the website.
It is technically impossible to retrieve an expired file.
You shall request the sender to proceed again.
+ I had to pay to download a file, whereas GrosFichiers is free
GrosFichiers is completely free and without registration
. You most likely clicked on a banner ad and made an unwanted purchase. At this stage, you need to:
- Identify the website or organization that received your payment
- Request a refund
+ I can’t select or uploadmy files
Unfortunately, there isn’t just one solution. However, you can try the following options:
- Empty your browser cache
- Restart your browser
- Restart your computer
- Try with another browser
- Contact us
+ Which are the browsers and operating systems compatible with GrosFichiers ?
GrosFichiers can send your large files from virtually any new or old browser. The browsers and OS tested include:
- Internet Explorer 7 to 11, Edge
- Safari 3 to 9
- Firefox 24 to 45
- Chrome 2 to 48
- Opera 9 to 35
- Windows XP, Vista, 7 to 10, Server
- Android 4.0 to 5.0
- Mac OS X
- Ipad 3rd to Pro (min iOS 6)
- Iphone 4S to 6S+ (min iOS 6)
GrosFichiers is regularly tested on new operation systems versions (Android, Iphone, Ipad, Windows 10, Ubuntu (Linux), among others)
+ How can I display or save files using Iphone, Ipad or Ipod?
The following is a complete table of various types of files and what you can do on your iPhone, iPad or iPod (using the Safari browser):
|jpg, png, jpeg, tif||O||O||O|
|avi||O||VLC for iOS|
|mts||O||VLC for iOS|
|mp3, wav, m4a||O||O|
|wma||O||VLC for iOS|
|mts||O||VLC for iOS|
|doc, docx, xls,|
xlsx, pptx, ppt
etc. for iOS